Tuesday, December 12, 2017

December 5, 2017

Hi mom:)

sorry I didn't email last week I had no time at all!!! but it has been busy busy here on temple square and it is so fun!!! thousands of people come here and it is crazy! i'm living the dream rn!! 
first of all, shoutout to my (second?) cousin Nicole!!! Thank you for the chips!! I ate them for breakfast lunch and dinner:) 

last week we got to go to a members house for dinner and it was sooo yummy. I didn't realize how much a missed actual food! (all I eat is potatoes, and oatmeal and chicken) (i'm bad at budgeting... learned from last month though so lets hope I get better) but thanksgiving was so fun! It was weird eating with a family for the first time! made me miss home a lil but its okay now! Ill send a pic of us and the family we got to eat with! :) also they made me gluten free dairy free food and i wanted to cry i was so happy!! 

Anyways the lights are on now so sooo many people come to temple square! Its seriously so crazy. But I love it more than anything!!! Everyone is so happy when they walk through the gates and you can see it!! One of my favourite parts of Christmas time is that as a zone we get to sing on the square 3 times every week and so many people come and watch!!! Elder Rasband and David Archuleta came but I didn't have my glasses on so I didn't actually know they were watching us until they were walking away and people we waving ahahah dang it next time next time

every single day I get happier and happier I seriously am so lucky to be serving here on temple square! I love it sooo much. I love it mostly because we get to teach and share with people the Restoration so many times every single day. And I honestly never really understood how important the Restoration and the First Vision were until I came here. But it is my favourite part of my day whenever I get to recite the first vision for someone. And just seeing the look in their eyes when the spirit confirms that it is true and that it really happened. Nothing beats it!!!! seriously I love Joseph Smith so much! And I never truly understood what He had to do with me... and what he could mean to me personally, but now I realize that EVERYTHING that we have and everything that I am teaching people and the reason why I am here is because of Him! He was so strong and brave and faithful and I try to be more like him everyday. I love when he says in the Joseph Smith History chapter 1 verse 25 "I had seen a vision. I knew it and I knew God knew it, and I could not deny it."  That is so powerful! And I know that it is true! what a guy 

oooh ahhaha funny story from this week.... this creepy guy that comes every single day came and talked to my comp and I and was just telling us about how hes single and just wants to marry a nice Mormon girl (hes probably 50) and comes everyday and hits on every sister ahah and so he was talking to us and telling us of this dream that he had of a girl and how the next day he saw a girl here on temple square that looked just like her and then he asked us "is that a sign from God that I should marry her?" and we tried to tell him as politely as we could that she  is a young missionary so we wouldn't think that would be appropriate.. but that there was a girl out there for him somewhere and that we would pray for him and then he started crying and thanking us! AND THEN he hugged us!!! hahahah it was so weird and we both were so awkward and ah ya hes weird and we still see him everyday which makes it even weirder gotta love it though:) 

it's been such a good week though! I love it so much and I'm learning lots:) 
I LOVE YA TONS AND TONS 

Sister Piepgrass 


Me and Sister Young found a remix cd of childrens hymns and it is the funniest thing ever hahahhah
 This is our Thanksgiving Family
 Someone heart attacked our door
 hahahah ok this morning was Sister Ratmaets first time ever seeing snow!  So, here's a video of her freaking out!



No comments:

Post a Comment